Friday, March 9, 2012

A BIG moon, BIG run and BIG fun!



Oh my goodness, we couldn't of had a better night for practice if we tried! Our good BEADS luck served us well once again! The BIG surprise came as we were in the home stretch, as we crested the hill a GIGANTIC full moon hung in its glory before us. It was such a treat - - I thought to myself, "If my butt was inside I would have missed this spectacular moment!"

Yesterday I was reminded of the importance of "showing up" or being present in life. I was fortunate to receive a massage as a gift and had it yesterday. After last nights practice I should have had it today! :-) It was a pleasant experience, as you wait for your massage therapist they have tea, apples, nuts, etc. I had a cup of mint tea and an apple. Yum! I handed the empty cup and garbage to the woman cleaning up and thanked her for making it nice for everyone. As I was leaving, she came running up and thanked me for making her day and for bringing such nice energy to the room. I was totally taken back and it made me think of the importance of the small gesture and how you never know who you will touch! So when you feel like your dragging and not wanting to get to practice, just remember you never know who might need you, or who you'll touch. Show up and be present is my mantra for the week!

I want to give a HUGE shout out to Erica Wolf!!! She sent me her pedometer results for the month. Her average daily steps were 8,588 - - this girl gets around! And her total monthly steps were 210,171. Way to go Erica! You are an inspiration!!! Also, please keep Erica in your thoughts and prayers as her dad is having some difficulty!

Thanks to Karen Samuel for sending in her $300 commitment. Way to go! And today is Karen's birthday! You will meet this busy woman on race day if not before! Congrats to Erica Wolf reaching her $300 commitment. And Julie Norman to getting to $200.

And a big HOORAY to Sarah Dahl for procuring another $100 from friends and family to support BEADS!

Look at that beautiful group of people below! I must say, I love our BEADS group - - I receive so many surprising bonuses that I never imagined! Friendship, camaraderie, satisfaction, giving back, etc. All good and empowering things - - thank you ALL!!! Jeannie McLan, Pat Hamburg, Hope Soley, Michelle Heinemann, and Rod MacLean truly kicked it up a notch and earned their stripes! It was a challenging practice! Way to go team!!!

Don't forget Saturday practice at Greenlake! Meet at 9:30 a.m. at the south end of the lake at the tennis courts. If you'd like for us to watch for you, please let us know your coming. I have a few spaces left in the car if anyone else wants to car pool!

GO BEADS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to make that my mantra for life! Love that Jen! You touch lives everyday in so many ways. Proud to know you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy! You do the same in so many positive ways!

      Delete