Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thursday Practice!!! Upcoming Events!



Hi Team!

Must say that I missed all of you while we were away! Hope you all were able to get your practices in and are keeping up your active lifestyles!

We returned to find this wonderful surprise in our garden, its a stone that says, "How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it!" Not only did the kindness of the garden stone touch me - - yet I thought what a marvelous mantra it is to share with all of you! Kindness is a Universal language that we can all appreciate and its so easy to give! So while your out and about this week, share a little kindness and watch how it infuses YOU with joy along with the other person! Thanks to our teammates Mary & JR Wahl for sharing their joy with us!

Exceptional news came in from Sarah Dahl she procured another $500 donation, she has procured a total of $800 so far by sending out the "fundraising letter"! EXCELLENT work SARAH!!!! We also had another $75 come in from procurement letters by Pat Hamburg! Way to go Pat! We are just shy of $11,000 going to BEADS!

We have been very fortunate to have so many generous people come and share information that can benefit our health. Next week on April 5th we will have another bonus, Tracy Anderson and her associate Debbie are bringing a "Biophotonic Scanner" that measures the antioxidants in our body. If you were to get this measured in the doctors office, it would be a $50 test. The scanner was featured on Dr. Oz. The test gives a basic evaluation as to how your body processes food and if you are low on health producing antioxidants. I was scanned today and very surprised with my results.

Below is a message from Debby Rooney the founder of BEADS for Education! She has just returned from Kenya and here is her message:

Jambo BEADS Runners,

Thank you all for your amazing support and especially Rod and Jen for their awesome vision for BEADS for Education and our 320 sponsored girls. I have just returned from Kenya and the girls were so pleased that you are working so hard to support their educational dreams. 27 of our girls are now in college - they are usually the first girl in their family to complete elementary school. Most of our girls started with the BEADS program in 6th grade. College majors include medicine, teaching, accounting, community development and more. I know these girls will be successful members and leaders of their community and hopefully Kenya.

This is Sanaipei who has been sponsored since 2005 when she entered high school. After her high school graduation (picture below), she worked for one year as a BEADS volunteer teacher in a remote Kenyan region. She and the other volunteers were the only teachers in their elementary school classrooms.
Now she is in college studying to become a Physicians Assistant. ATTACHED is her article called

"If It Were Not For BEADS"


It is Beads that have shaped the adult I am today. The full support and education just from somebody who has no claim on me is amazing.. But thanks and thanks.

I can`t say how my life would have been, but were it not for Beads I would not have gone far with my education. I always thank God for Beads and giving me such an opportunity in life.

Once in time, I was dreamless and with a mentality that I can`t do anything. Thank Beads for education for helping me discover my potential. The volunteer work I did as a teacher for second grade through Beads for education has helped me mingle with different people. And more so it developed a sense of well being.,

As for now life seems to be more interesting as living with others in harmony is one of the most valuable things in life. Giving back to the community for free is something I have never thought of, but thanks to Beads for helping me share the little knowledge I have and showing others the way to a successful life. It’s a step forward in my life and always reminds me that we are in need of each other.

.The graduation ceremony for completion of high school, was so amazing. There before, it was just a history to me and always passes off my ears, but that day I saw it happened to me.

The encouragements and motivations from Beads is much more than even a closer friend can give. Beads has helped me push aside all self-limiting beliefs through encouragements and more advice. I learned that in life someone can achieve anything she/he wants so long as you make up your mind and want it bad enough.

I am now in the University all because of Beads. I am studying to become a Physicians Assistant and know I will help my community. It’s something that I wasn`t able to make it alone.Have seen so many ladies of my age stopping their education due to lack of school fees, and getting married to men very old to their age. I thank Beads for education for rescuing my life.

I appreciate everything am getting through Beads for education and more thanks to my sponsors Terese and Tony for always standing with me in times of challenges and controversy. I know in life that one can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind!
THANKS ALOT TO BEADS FOR EDUCATION!
Written by Sanaipei


My apologies for the long blog! Yet last week you didn't hear from me, so I'm making up for last week's words! :-)

Appreciate every single one of YOU!

GO BEADS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment