Monday, January 23, 2012

Let's GO - - No Snow!!!

The snow is gone, did you get out and enjoy it? We loved how beautiful it was and the welcome shake up it added to our routine. Yet we missed seeing ALL of you! And now we are dealing with the rains and the wind - - oh how spring cannot come soon enough. My ray of hope came this morning as I saw a few crocus just peeking out of the ground. The crocus are my reminder that I've almost made it through the "dark" season.


Speaking of the "dark & gloomy" of the Northwest, did you know that exercise is said to be the BEST thing for the winter Northwest gloomies? That, and about 2000mg of Vitamin D a day. So as we trudge through weather we rather be avoiding on Thursday, lets call it "BEAT the Gloomies" practice! And lets also not forget the reason were out there - - helping others to have a better life!

Speaking of helping others to have a better life, how's your fundraising coming along? On Thursday we will go over a "fun & easy" fundraiser we can all do, on products we already use. And its one of those "win-win" situations! We even have samples to try!!! Can wait to share them with you!


I am still working on getting our "shoe clinic" rescheduled. Run 26 and I have been playing phone tag. However, mark on your calendar February 23rd as Acacia Wright, RD, CD (Dietitian) is going to come talk to us about the importance of "sports nutrition" and nutrition in general. You will love her - - she is very brilliant at what she does, and has a heart of gold!

Some of you had a difficult time finding practice the week before last! In this dark and stormy weather its easy to miss - - heck its easy to miss when its not dark and stormy. So I put up a little reflector on our mailboxes and our mailboxes are the ONLY ones on our road with a little roof on them. I also ordered a reflector orange cone that I will put at the top of the hill. Unfortunately, that won't be here until next week.

The soup for this week is a mystery, as my recipe has abandon my grasp! However, I promise it will be warm and nourishing and I will have the recipe for you on Thursday! The soup bar opens at 6pm and the meeting/practice officially starts at 6:30pm. Don't forget to bring your water bottles to keep hydrated during our practice!

My apologies on a delayed blog posting! Time, time that precious commodity - - like mercury, slithered through my fingers and the next thing I know its Tuesday evening and almost midnight!

Find Joy! Do good!


Jennifer :-)

GO BEADS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't ever hold mercury! :) Great post Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup was fantastic tonight! Anyone who didn't come is missing out!

    ReplyDelete