Thursday, January 19, 2012

No Surprise - - Practice is Cancelled!!!



I'm sure I'm stating the obvious - - however practice is cancelled tonight! Snow beautiful snow has added an interesting twist to this beautiful day! Be safe, snuggle in, and treat your body well by keeping it moving and eating nourishing foods!

On the ever popular show "Biggest Loser" the motto this season is "No Excuses"! Team member Erica Wolf is a perfect example of this mentality. She wrote on Facebook:

"I ran for 30 minutes this morning in my condo. I felt a little silly, but I got my workout in. Now I need to get out the vacuum to get rid of the rut I wore in the carpet."

Talk about "no excuses" - - way to go Erica! Thanks for putting a big smile on my face and inspiring us to keep our focus!
Here are a few other "snow bound" exercise ideas to keep you going!
  • If you have stairs in your home go up and downthem for "15-20" minutes! Talk about a workout! Your family or pets might think your nuts, yet your body will love you! My little red dog goes up and down with me - - barking the entire time as I groan!
  • Turn up the music and DANCE! Let the music take you - - wiggle, move, and be silly!
  • No equipment needed: Lunges, push-ups and plank! Dreaded, yet ooooh so good for you! I've attached youtube videos on doing a proper lunge, wall push-up, and plank. Let me know how these go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOnkmCTG9mY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RtM3L00BUU

This weekend we were fortunate to go see team member Mitzi Bennett sing with her bandmates from Heart of Gold. They rocked! Here's a picture of Mitzi sharing her gift!



See you all next week! Love hearing from you - - keep me up on your successes!

Find Joy! Do Good!

Jen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment